Important Information to Know
- SheCodes controls data of your personal information that you share with us, like the information you provide in your user profile, along with tracked information. This information includes (but is not limited to): name, avatar, phone number, age, email, social profile URLs (including LinkedIn), nationality, current city of residence, SheCodes courses you have completed, user testimonials, and work you have done for the course such as final project.
- We only use your personal information to allow us to provide our site and its services to you, track site analytics like course performance/attendance/participation, and monitor company progress. We will not share your personal information with unauthorized third parties.
- We reserve the right to utilize contact information provided for future marketing endeavors and statistical analysis of our site and its services.
- Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions regarding use of your personal information.
By Using Our Site, You Are Agreeing To…
Our company belief that:
- utilization of your personal information is necessary in order to provide users with our site’s features and services;
- our use of your personal information is required to coincide with our legal obligations;
- use of your personal information will help run and grow our business, operate our site, provide metrics to analyze our business, and aid us in future marketing endeavors, among other things.
Currently, our intent is to only use your personal information for the aforementioned reasons. However, if we believe that it is appropriate in the future to use your personal information for a legitimate reason that is not mentioned here, then we reserve the right to do so. A legitimate reason entails something that does not violate your fundamental rights and/or liberties. If this is the case, we will update our policy accordingly.
As was previously mentioned, we may use your personal information for future marketing endeavors. If you want to revoke our right to use your personal data for marketing reasons (or other reasons) you have the right to do so. Please contact us and let us know if you wish to withdraw your consent of our use of this information.
Please be aware that if you revoke our right to utilize this information, your ability to interact with the site and its services might be affected.
Information that We Collect and How it is Used
SheCodes uses this information in order to improve quality of the site and of the company, provide more useful services to our users after analyzing statistics and user behavior, and to measure demographics and interests to better know our user base. This information may also be used in order to support security on the site.
2. Personally Identifiable Information. This is information that is used to identify you, provided to us by you or by a third party. This information may be collected when you create a user profile on our site, contact our company with inquiries, join our mailing list, purchase services of our site, participate in associated events or SheCodes workshops, interact on our social media outlets or other related sites, or take part in surveys providing us with feedback. This information may include name, age, phone number, nationality, current city of residence, picture, social profile URLs, and email address, among other things. SheCodes may use this information to:
- respond to user inquiries,
- give users feedback (workshop feedback, general feedback, etc.),
- provide users with specific services on our site that they request access to (such as courses and course materials),
- send updates about the company and future/current events,
- conduct research to improve our company,
- retain for marketing purposes,
- provide technical support and security for users,
- reach out to users on social media outlets,
- verify user identity to authenticate submissions and communications made on our site and our affiliated sites,
- or communicate with users (including potential, former, and current users).
In the case of communication, information provided in your user profile such as phone number and email address may be used to contact you to respond to your inquiries or conduct company research. We reserve the right to archive any correspondence for future use. We may track your interaction with emails that we send to you (such as when you open it). We use this information to optimize our communication and interactions with our users.
If you participate in a course/workshop that we offer, then we may collect related content. This includes, but is not limited to: coder profile information, participation information, student feedback (such as responses to surveys), submitted assignments/projects, completion rates, and questions/comments provided on student communication channels such as Slack and our social media pages. We also reserve the right to track progress made during or after the course a user takes - which we may be able to see if a LinkedIn or other social media profile URL is provided. Personally Identifiable Information, along with course data, may be shared with course instructors, technical assistants, and volunteers (along with other authorized personnel associated with SheCodes) in order to assist with improving the website and the company overall. We may archive this information to be used for future endeavors where we are legally entitled to do so. We do not recommend that you share any Personally Identifiable Information of a sensitive nature in course assignments, student discussions, or publicly-shared content (like user testimonials, social media correspondence, etc.).
In the case that you apply for a scholarship or ask for a discount for one of our courses, we may ask you to provide us with information showing your income. We will not share this information with anyone.
When you respond to our company surveys, we may receive Personally Identifiable Information such as race, nationality, education, and employment.
When you pay for our services, including a course or workshop, SheCodes will NOT share your credit card information with anyone. The payment service on our site is verified to ensure your financial protection.
SheCodes is authorized to share your Personally Identifiable Information with government authorities or for legal purposes when we feel it is appropriate to take action regarding the law or protect and defend legal rights of SheCodes, the site, our users, etc.
In the case of acquisition, SheCodes reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer your Personally Identifiable Information to the acquirer.
External Links to Third Party Sites
In the case that we provide external links to sites that are not operated and/or owned by SheCodes (aka “Third Party Sites”), we do not disclose your personal data to these sites unless we have a legal reason to do so. We are not responsible for the privacy policies associated with these Third Party Sites and we recommend that you review the Third Party privacy policies as is necessary to understand how they collect and use your Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information Retention
We only collect and store your Personally Identifiable Information for as long as is necessary. The length of time that we retain this information for depends on the initial reason for collection and whether or not it is necessary for us to exercise or defend our legal rights.
Confidentiality and Security
If You Wish to Update or Delete You Personally Identifiable Information
If you would like us to update, edit, restrict, or delete your personal data that is stored on our site at any point in time, you may send us a request at [email protected] You may also ask us to abstain from utilizing your Personally Identifiable Information for marketing purposes and/or future company projects. We are able to pass on your personal data to third parties or provide you with a copy of your personal data that we have stored about you upon request.
If you request that we delete your stored Personally Identifiable Information from our site database, please remember that there may some residual information stored in emails or on other communication platforms, on our related sites (like social media profiles), or in backlogs that are not connected to our site directly. If we need to adhere to a legal obligation, then we reserve the right to keep your personal data for this reason.
It is our aim to respond to emails as soon as possible in order to provide you with quality customer service. Please provide us with information necessary to verify your identity if you wish to update, edit, change, restrict, or delete your personal data affiliated with our site.
Questions, Comments, and/or Concerns
If you have questions, comments, or concerns pertaining to privacy on the site, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]
Privacy Rights of Estonia
WECODE OÜ (affiliated with SheCodes) is based in Estonia and has some supplementary privacy information based on this location. To obtain this information, please email [email protected] with subject: “Request Estonia Privacy Information” and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
International Privacy Rights
The server for SheCodes website is located in the Netherlands. In order to facilitate successful operation and provide our site services to you, we may send and store your personal data outside of your country of residence. If we must transfer your information due to retention on the site’s server or other operational reasons, then we will take the proper steps to protect your privacy and confidentiality.